Monday, June 7, 2021

Learn conversational Teochew at Udemy!

Hi everyone! 

I wanted to share with you guys a new course that I've created for you to kick off conversational Teochew. It is an online course that consists of 10 easy to follow lecture series. 

You can find the course link here: https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-and-practice-conversational-teochew/

So what exactly inspired me to do this? 

Firstly, when I searched around google, there aren't many places offering Teochew language courses online and I thought it would be interesting to create one. The purpose of the course isn't for you to obtain mastery over this dialect but rather a stepping stone for you to start being fluent in the language. It is organised into bite size topics so that you are able to digest the information better. 

Secondly, being in a healthcare profession myself, being able to speak dialect can sometimes help to better communicate with my patients. If you also meet a lot of elderly like myself, perhaps this course would be suitable for you to connect better with the old folks :) 

Lastly, no other way to put it but passion. Teochew dialect has beautiful intonations that are different the English language that we are used to. At the same time, I found it peculiarly intriguing that Teochew actually bore resemblance to Korean! I cannot explain how excited I felt when I was learning Korean and suddenly I was like "wait a minute.... isn't this the same as Teochew?!". Amazing right?! The excitement that ran through me when I saw the similarities between Mandarin, Korean and Teochew was unbelievable! 

Why should you enrol into this course: 

1. Value for money 

Signing up for a language course outside will easily cost you at least a couple of hundred bucks. With this on demand course, you are getting the basic course at a fraction of the course. 

2. On demand 

You know sometimes we just want to chill on certain days after a tiring day but paid classes may not let you do so. Make up classes may also require you to pay additional. However with this on demand course, you can watch and learn whenever you want :)

3. Easy to follow 

Translations are provided in English and sometimes in Mandarin for you to follow along. Pronunciations are typed out in English - similar to pinyin when learning Mandarin. 

Yes, it is my first ever creation and I'm definitely proud of it :) While it may pale in comparison to startups and being an entrepreneur, I am happy that I took the plunge and did something that I am passionate about. This push came after listening to the audio book "Daring Greatly" but Brene Brown. It encouraged me to dare to be vulnerable and try even if it may fail or if it may receive tonnes of uninspiring comments. If you are also thinking of doing something but your inner self is telling you all sorts of what-ifs, just do it (as long as its legal lol). Anyways, thanks for reading this post and I hope that you could support me in this one, it would be greatly appreciated :) see you around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

别忘了初心

 最近好像是昏昏噩噩的让时间漂流。时儿清醒,时儿发呆。有时候也纳闷,努力到底是为了什么成就?成就背后的心酸有谁能了解;成就过后的云烟有谁能留得住? 今天早上我终于写了我的韩文作文😅 2-3月去了我才交上我的稿,真实惭愧哈哈。现在我的韩文情况我也不知道如何描述。。。不进也不退吧。...