Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Valentines day!

 Chinese New year and valentines day happen to fall on the same day this year but because of COVID and its regulations, things were quite different. 

Valentines day this year was a little bit more special than the previous years although there wasn't really a celebration or the typical flowers gifting. In fact, I found this year's v day closer to heart because we both valued and treasured what was more important - relationship. 

I'm not dissing the flower gifting and candle light dinners going around the globe during V day but for us, as cliche as it sounds, every other day could be valentines day and it need not be the 14 Feb. 

Yes! So there weren't any fancy flowers or atas restaurant dates (we did go to Collins and eat yesterday) but there was a mutual understanding that simple appreciation of each other triumphs all other gifts. 

To me, it signified a sort of emotional growth on my part as I know longer compared myself to my friends on Instagram and how fancy their valentines day was. Although they went on fancy restaurants, received beautiful flowers, jewellery etc, I knew in my heart that I am still contented and happy without those. Life is much lighter when I am not weighed down by much desires. **disclaimer, I'm happy for those who received the gifts, not trying to judge them or what** 

I guess we don't really have to fluff up or enhance any relationship with materials. What's most important in any relationship be it bgr or friendships is that the hearts are close together. While Valentines day is a great day to show appreciation to your other half, don't forget to show love on non special occasions as well :) 

This is a meant to be a short post, so here i am wishing everyone a belated v day and happy chinese new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

别忘了初心

 最近好像是昏昏噩噩的让时间漂流。时儿清醒,时儿发呆。有时候也纳闷,努力到底是为了什么成就?成就背后的心酸有谁能了解;成就过后的云烟有谁能留得住? 今天早上我终于写了我的韩文作文😅 2-3月去了我才交上我的稿,真实惭愧哈哈。现在我的韩文情况我也不知道如何描述。。。不进也不退吧。...